Sunday, August 26, 2007

...and then she spat out her tongue

start music: Blowin' in the Wind - Peter, Paul and Mary

First off, I have wonderful friends. I <3 y'all (even you, Ms. She's-Out-Of-My-Life). I really needed the fun last night - I've been within an inch of eating my hat or something from all the stress of getting ready and trying to get everything together (and other things...)

Take-off draws ever closer, and the ulcer in my stomach grows. I trust that everything's going to be alright, and I genuinely appreciate and cling to the prayers I know are being lifted for me, even now. At the same time, it's so hard to let go and cast your cares upon Him. I fight an eternal battle to cast off my burdens and leave them at the throne, but sometimes it seems like a hopeless struggle. But nothing is ever hopeless in Him, is it? I need to learn to keep that ever before me.

In other news, the Bourne Ultimatum was good, if a little nausea-inducing in places. Also, I finally bought boots. Cowboy boots, no less. They're warm and comfy and pretty, so all is well. (I really should've been a rodeo queen - sparkles and livestock - what's not to like?)

Y'know, I should probably start packing...

End music: Beautiful One - By the Tree

2 comments:

roadtojoy said...

It will all be amazing and once you get there it's all good. I'll miss you a lot!

On a side not, the guys in Alexander started a strip tease for the girls next door. We watched the end of the preformance before their CL came.

Anonymous said...

I will pray. Leaving for parts unknown is a scary thing, that's for sure. But you will get to know yourself and know God better than you ever have, and that can't be a bad thing.

Also, you get bonus points for wearing cowboy boots to a foreign country.