Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Have Confidence...

Hey guys!
I'm now all landed in Voronezh and getting settled in (by "settled in" I mean sleeping a lot and occaisionally moving items from one part of the suitcase to another.) I'm living with a host family and with Laura, another Baylor student. Some things I've noticed from my travels:
1) Everywhere has more trees than Dallas.
2) Zurich really looks like it does in the German textbook.
3) Germans really do dress like they do in the German textbook (which scares me a bit).
4) Russians compensate for having cold outside by keeping it really hot inside (it's sweltering in the cafe I'm in).
5)Puppies are the same all over the world.
6) Never trust someone from the embassy to fill you in on all the important details (aka what time your train leaves - the WP kids, not us, thankfully).

I'm tired and at an Internet cafe, so I think that's all for now. I'm convinced that there has to be a WiFi hotspot somewhere in this city - Laura is less sure. Oh, dear. Eh. Take care, my children.

6 comments:

roadtojoy said...

Ah!

How goes speaking Russian?

I have like 20,000 questions...I won't ask them.

Anonymous said...

^ I have about that many questions, too, but I'll spare you. I'll space them out over the semester. ;)

You're in a foreign country! That is nuts! Good to know, though, that puppies are the same all over the world; hopefully, at the root of it, people are, too.

perplexed_lassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
perplexed_lassie said...

Eep! Sorry about that last post... I had a typo... Anyway, I'm really glad you made it safely! When do your classes start?

Knee-Cole said...

SARA!!!!

i like the puppy part... it makes me happy to know that no matter where i go puppies will still be cute and cuddly...!!!

HUZZAH!

chelsey said...

npubem! Kak gela?

I'm glad you made it safely to Russia!! I hope you've been taking gajillions of pictures, because I want to see everything. Hope you're having fun!

noka!