Monday, August 27, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

No music this time, since my Zen's a little dumb and can't be trusted not to eat things...

I'm nearing the end of the whole packing/getting ready/spending large quantities of my parent's money thing. (Have you ever noticed how much stuff you suddenly need right before you go anywhere? It's insane.) One of my bags is going to be overweight, and that's just how it is. I can't check in online because United is evil and hates me personally. Oh, and Java's tried to eat pretty much everything I've tried to pack. Clearly, it's been a fun evening.

My first flight leaves Dallas at 2 PM tomorrow, and I should touch down in Moscow at 6 PM local time on Wednesday (9 AM for you Texas kids). Then, we'll be picked up and I should be in Voronezh by noon on Thursday. I'm really glad we all decided to get in early - I don't think anyone was planning on multiple days of travel.

I spent most of morning running errands at Baylor. I'm beginning to think you guys want me gone - I'm leaving tomorrow, I swear. Erica got her birthday present, and I'm pretty sure she was quite pleased (and yes, there is a back, dear).

Again thanks for the prayers (and if you want to send up a few for my poor parents, both of whom are getting rather teary-eyed, I don't think anyone would mind). Actually, there was a lady from St. Petersburg in my mom's Sunday School class, and I think talking to someone who knew the place really helped her. (I can only hope).

Have a good day, y'all.

1 comment:

Knee-Cole said...

Sara.

remember don't die. i have to come visit you and ask you about russian life in the spring semester.

thank you.

and kick someone for me. kicking and killing make life better sometimes... or at least that is what erica seems to think.

i miss you. no matter how many times you wanted to kill me... and actually almost did complete your plan.

g'day.

remember that picture i drew for you. the russian guy and sara.