Friday, August 24, 2007

An Update

So my visa's in (yay!). It's pretty and holographic and all that jazz, and most importantly, it gets me into the country (hooray!).

I also have my tickets (all SIX of them), despite general stupidity on the part on everyone involved who is not me. Now I just need to keep a good grip on the three return tickets all semester... this'll be fun.

I'm so glad I've been able to see everyone before I leave (man, my tense is getting screwy here - you get the point.) A special shout-out to the Madera girls for very graciously re-directing (and sometimes man-handling) leads my direction last night, since "she's going to Russia - you better dance with her!" Thanks ladies - a girl couldn't ask for better friends. :-)

Y'know, I should probably start packing and/or buy some shoes. I've finally convinced my mom that yes, I have enough clothing. Now she's worried that my footwear is inadequate. You can wear flip flops in the snow - frost bite is for wimps.

Laters!

No comments: