Friday, September 21, 2007

The Lazy Bum Rides Again

...So I was supposed to be leaving for Volgagrad (aka Stalingrad) on a bus at 10 tonight. However, it was not to be. This week, at least. Thanks to the beauty of the Russian way of doing business, the plans fell through at the last minute and the trip's been postponed indefinitely. If you want to know why anyone would go to Volgagrad, check out the Battle of Stalingrad during WWII. It's pretty awesome.

This week, I learned that a Russian T-80 tank can actually take flight under proper circumstances. Now that's cool. Today, I painted a picture and sang folk songs. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Fridays?

Over the course of the week, I have also: finished that cabled blue scarf (in under a week - I told you I was bored), walked out of class in tears, watched an animated Russian version of Snow White, bought more yarn, walked around in a t-shirt, walked around in two jackets, drank an expensive (but yummy) approximation of a frappucino, eaten pizza for breakfast, bought shots (for other people - I owed a guy), put quite a lot effort into my grammar book, finished Redeeming Love, and did a lot of other random stuff. Welcome to Russia.

I have a three-day weekend for the rest of the semester. They've moved my group's one Monday class to Fridays, so all I have is military history in the afternoons. And I'm taking that one voluntarily, so I'm not allowed to complain.

So course listings are up for spring. The one course that I've suffered through lots of ugly math courses for is not being offered. It is only offered in the spring. I don't know what's going on - I need to e-mail the Math Department and consider begging. As far as everything else goes, I don't really know what I'm taking. I'm supposed to take my exit interview, but I'm going to have to postpone until senior fall. I know I'm taking Russian, Harp, and an Economics course (there are a lot of them - I'm just filling in whatever works with my schedule). I'm considering taking: Fundamentals of International Politics, International Political Economics, Introduction to Slavic/Eastern European Studies, Intermediate German, Politics and Problems of Developing Countries, Politics and Problems of the Middle East, Diplomacy in Theory and Practice, War and Peace in the Middle East, and International Business. Thoughts and suggestions are always welcome.

My internet time is getting pricey, so I should probably go. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

roadtojoy said...

Absolutely no crying!

I miss you...!

Ashless said...

Volgagrand just sounds like a cool place because of its name. Unfortunately, if I went to Russia, I would be completely lost, because I don't Latin, Greek, Spanish or English would help at all in understanding Russian, although it would help a lot in understanding Italian.

The chocolate experiences sound amazing.

Happy tears, or I just heard a touching story tears, or this class in heck, and the professor is the devil tears?

Also, what did you owe someone shots for? I'm assuming it was not because they bought you shots the night before?

I hope you get to go on lots of fun excursions. It sounds like you're already having lots of new experiences but going places is always fun.

Tsk, tsk, for the math department. What class were you wanting to take?

I also miss you! Stay warm!