Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That good ol' college try

First off, I think this link may work for pictures : www.russiantrip.snapfish.com/snapfish . If not, inform me again, and I'll give up and curl into a little ball under the desk at the Internet cafe.

I saw Chelsey's secret twin on the bus today. I was mildly spooked. Privet, Chelsey :-)
Obviously, I successfully rode the bus to school today. I'm still getting over my stomach bug or whatever, so I didn't really feel like making the walk.

I went to class on a proper schedule today for the first time this semester. (Everyone else did yesterday, but I was at home sleeping.) We had phonetics (yuck), grammar, a bit of history (to fill the time, we think), and speaking (for idiots). I also had History of the Russian Military (in Russian) this afternoon. I'm really excited about that one - the professor seems pretty cool, even though he doesn't speak any English at all. We had to take pictures by university (only 2 of the 4 Baylor girls are taking that class) and number ourselves in relation to the role.

After morning classes, my small group found a pizza place that actually makes fairly believable pizza. Ok, so one of them was an interesting shade of fluorescent yellow, but the rest seemed pretty normal. I'm still getting better, so I didn't eat any. They really like to douse everything in rosemary here, which kinda grosses me out.

Laura and I found the yarn shop today, so we have supplies to work on scarves and whatnot. I'm excited - I'll have something to do, finally. I'm rapidly running out of English-language literature to read (Lindsey's going to have to share her reading list, I think...). If you've ever noticed how busy I stay during the year, it's partially because I'm not very good at not doing anything...

It's getting chilly here, which means in another month or so, I'm going to be dying of cold. Excellent. I should probably get around to buying a coat, maybe, possibly, perhaps.

I <3 the lot of y'all. Be good!

8 comments:

roadtojoy said...

Thanks for hugs...I think I'm better today.

History of Russian Military?! That sounds interesting.

Sorry you had a stomch bug...those have to be the worse ones. Pizza isn't good for them, good choice.

I miss you!

Ashless said...

I'm happy you're recovering so you can eat neon yellow pizza! It's hard to imagine Sara with nothing to do. Are you going to come home with suitcases full of elaborately knit scarves? :-) I hope you enjoy you're classes. I'm impressed that you're taking one from a professor who doesn't speak English at all. I can't see your pictures, but I'm going to see if Erica can show them to me.

Anonymous said...

"History of Russian Military" sounds rather Chuck-appropriate. Ick for stomach bugs. And--yarn store! That is exciting.

Knee-Cole said...

sara. maybe if you give me you address i'll send you a book for a birthday present... because i didn't ever really give you one or see you on your birthday... i'll make erica send you one too... but after a bit so that you can have books to read...

Knee-Cole said...

it won't let me look at your pictures... it makes me sad.

roadtojoy said...

So we're studying Russia in geography and some kid brought up that today is now "National Conception Day" and they gave everyone the day off of work...was he lying?

If he wasn't there might be a slight population increase next March...

roadtojoy said...

That's kind of disappointing...I was hoping it was like this nationwide craziness type thing. Kind of like the time the power went out in New York and everyone had babies nine months later.

I'm being good. I haven't been questionable for an entire year almost (end of october, thanks).

chelsey said...

Eeek! I have a Russian twin!! That's really super exciting. I'm really glad you're starting to feel better. Sarah and I were thinking of going to the Renaissance festival this weekend, but alas, we are not. Perhaps if you were here and coming with us, we would. Oh well! We miss you!!