Monday, November 5, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So, first of all, yay for Russian weather. In the past 48 hours, it's snowed twice and hailed at least once. Nothing's really sticking yet (actually, the hail accumulate pretty nicely for a bit), but I'm feeling hopeful. I've trotted out my pretty white winter coat and am just generally enjoying the gloriousness that is the weather.

And now for a little game:
The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (if you don’t have a blog, email me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read their blog. Here goes...

1. I really enjoy the idea and practice of giving people food/sharing meals and such, but I'm really not much of a cook.
2. I can read any sort of fluffy novel in record time, but give me something of similar length that I'm supposed to read for school, and it'll take forever.
3. I get things all worked out in my head, and then I forget them. Such as the rest of my eight facts...let's see what I can come up with...
4. I really love to make plans for the future, whether or not they're likely to come true - not so much in an "if I were to win the lottery" sense; more of an if "A happens, then maybe B or C". I think I'll call it contingency planning - sounds better that way.
5. I tend to overuse dashes and semicolons in my writing (see above). I just like putting lots of information into what is technically one sentence.
6. I'm weird about not using things so they'll stay new, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having things. As an example, I definitely have two or three pairs of new, unworn knee socks from Target that are still stashed in my drawer because I don't want them to get all mucked up (and I don't want them to line-dry and get stiff, after I wear them).
7. For someone who worries so much about grades, I don't know my current GPA (need to go look that up, actually...)
8. No matter how much time I have for the Internet, it never seems to be quite enough. I can't decide if this is because the Internet is a black hole of time-wasting, or if it's just because there's that much interesting information out there. I'm currently reading about student loans - I have no student loans - so maybe the black hole theory has some merit...

Tagging: Jamie M, Chelsea, Sarah A, Sarah A again, Ashley again because she hasn't done it yet, Lulu, Shandi, and anyone else interested. If you don't have a blog, I'd say a facebook note counts. Hop to!

I think there was going to be more to this entry but the computer is slow and the day moves onward. Later days!

2 comments:

perplexed_lassie said...

I totally understand about the socks. When I was in Israel, I made sure to save a pair of clean socks for the plane ride home. They just aren't the same after you've washed them in a bucket and dried them in the sun...

Ashless said...

I've actually always liked the part about your writing, that you use so many dashes. It's just part of your distinctive style. I'm sorry but regardless of how much I talk about myself, I can't seem to do this survey thing. I tried.